Friday, September 6, 2013

10-Minute Mediterranean Pasta

The Mediterranean diet consists mostly of healthy fats and oils, nuts and seeds, vegetables, whole grains,  fish, and cheeses. I believe this is one of the easiest way to cut down on unhealthy carbs and incorporate veggies in your meals without sacrificing taste.

I won't lie, I am a carnivore. I seriously can and would eat an entire cow if it was wonderfully grilled in front me. Sorry to disappoint you, vegans, but I see cows and lambs as perfectly grilled and seared steaks. I won't be all hypocritical and tell you to eat your veggies, cut down on meat lest you die of cardiac arrest. Despite my advocacy on healthy eating and living, I will not be a moral compass of sorts. For when it comes to food, ALL IS GOOD and only greed and gluttony is evil.
So here's a quick meal that you can easily whip up and would actually find edible, satisfying, and goddamn delicious despite your busy schedule, love for meat and hate for all things vegetable. My very own Mediterranean dish, with a twist!

10-Minute Mediterranean Pasta

Whole wheat Fusilli or Ricciutelli
Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
Bell Pepper, chopped
Garlic or onion (whichever will taste just as wonderful)
Black Olives
Corn
Garbanzos (other beans will do)
Broccoli
Zucchini
Anchovy or Tuna  (even Chicken will do)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (do not use this for cooking!)
Fresh Basil
Pine Nuts

PROCEDURE:
Boil your pasta. 
Saute all 9 ingredients, but do not use olive oil. You can use sunflower oil for sauteing.
Make sure your veggies are crisp without being undercooked nor over-cooked and soggy.
Mix your veggies and pasta together. Drizzle with Olive oil and finish with some fresh Basil and Pine nuts.

Seriously, it takes 10 minutes tops to do this. Please don't even start complaining about how there' TOO much veggies in this without trying it first. Trust me, it'll be worth it and your body tastebuds will thank you for it. You can thank me later. Hihi.

Let me know how it goes for you. For more recipes and healthy dishes, please feel free to CLICK HERE to follow me on Instagram.

Happy cooking and eating! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...