Monday, July 1, 2013

The Working Mom: Making Moments Count

How do you make each moment count? By creating special memories that your child will never forget.
Image Source

All working moms suffer from it the dreaded "working mom guilt". How do I deal with it? By ensuring I devote my weekends and days off to the little man. With so little time on my hands, it is important that I spend quality time with him. Quality in terms of maximizing the limited time I have by creating unique and memorable moments that can only be shared between the two of us.

Upon coming home from work, we start our bonding moment by nursing. At 8 months old, the little man can easily gulp down 12 ounces of milk and still be able wolf down 10-20 ounces of fruits and veggies. Eats like a grown man, indeed! With him loving to eat so much, it allows us longer time to bond while nursing. Through nursing, we connect with each other in a deeper emotional and physical levelwith a moment that is truly unique and special for the two of us.
GPOY
During bedtime and weekends, we sing along to videos of nursery rhymes and Baby Einstein (the little man can sing by humming and uttering "baby words"). I read him books while he squeals in delight with every amusing, colorful, and enchanting page. What makes these bedtime storytelling moments even more special is his personalized story book from Look It's About Me. Read more about it here.

A book named after your child! At his age, despite not being able to fully-comprehend every word, the colorful pages alone catches his attention and keeps him entertained until we reach the last page. I can just imagine how much more delighted he would be when he learns how to read and finds out a book/the characters from the book are named after him and us, his parents! That would be so awesome! The geeky girl inside of me is giddy with so much excitement.

To help you and your child create your very own special moment, we are giving away a personalized story book from Look It's About Me. Just follow the steps on the Rafflcopter below to join.





*Terms and Conditions Apply.
Winners must send an email to thehappymommyblog@yahoo.com for details on how to claim their prizes.
Prizes must be claimed within 1 week of the announcement of winners.
Any form of tampering with entries automatically disqualifies the contestant.
Open worldwide.
Winners residing outside the Philippines will shoulder shipping and handling fees.

15 comments:

  1. I am very excited to join the contest. Thank you happymommyadventures. #LoveIt

    ReplyDelete
  2. much excited! Thank you happymommyadventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to be a working mom coz I know how I am one of them. But I always put in my mind that I am not a lesser good mom than those SAHM because I believe it is Quality Time over Quantity time. It is not how much time you spend with your kid. It is how you spend the time even for a minute that matters.

    A minute of hugging and kissing your kid WITH NO CELLPHONE on hand will be much appreciated.

    Bought a book from a Book sale that cost 25php or less and have a minute to read it to your kid with effort is like bringing your kid to wonderland.

    Brushing teeth together is fun.

    Taking silly pictures. Eat together. Pray together. Moments to cherish forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a working mom, i always make sure that i can spend quality time with my little boy every after office. I am the one feeding him at dinner time and we have Play Time at night. Instead of watching the TV shows, We read his books together and help him out identify figures, colors, numbers and objects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for me i totaly have a fun bonding with my kids ! mag aral aral kami sa bahay! aq ang teacher at laro2x kain! happy na mga anak q !

    ReplyDelete
  6. we always play together i always read her favorite book. join her in meal time do everything with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i spend quality time with your kids by letting them to help me in the kitchen,prepare our merienda,just like in the commercial,we watch eduactional dvd or simply playing with them... i also make a point to take them to manila once a month,stroll at the mall,play at the arcade and eat at their favorite resto :),

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing crafts, outside activities and reading are my favorite ways to spend quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ve been a SAHM eversince I became pregnant with my son. He's now 6 years old and also have a daughter of 4 year old. I may not have an permanent income to be able to provide my kids' needs but what I just simply do to spend time with them is just by being with them. Special favors like cooking something they are craving as of the moment, or by watching their favorite movies together, or as simple as requesting for a kiss / hug and being able to do it for them makes a difference of letting them feel they are loved and important. That's quality time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We read and go on walks together

    ReplyDelete
  11. After school walks to the local park and playing catch with them followed by some merienda at our local fast food stores is a daily habit, quality time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a stay at home mom, I spend quality time with my child by stay always beside him and playing his favorite all talking friends apps. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping to win! The end of the giveaway of yours is the 1 y/o and 7 monthsary of my baby boy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not just a Mom of two beautiful girls, I'm also a student taking up BSHRM. As a student-mom, it so hard for me to balance my time with my busy schedule, making projects, research, thesis, feasibility studies, reviewing for the lessons and a lot of school work (well, I'm pursuing to finish my studies to give them a brighter future). But still, I see to it that every weekends, we'll have the most memorable day. I spend quality time with my priceless treasures by playing with them at home, watching nursery rhymes and cartoons at YOUTUBE, going to church every Sunday. Simple bonding right?. hehehe ^_^

    Thank you for this wonderful giveaway, hoping to win! God Bless.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We always try to spend a little time with each kid individually even if its just reading a book with them or to them every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...