Friday, February 8, 2013

A New Adventure

Image from www.gettyimages.co.uk

As you can clearly see, I have been lagging so much on my posts. The past few weeks have been such a whirlwind of adventures and (misadventures) that I haven't had enough time to sit down and write...well, I haven't really had time to even sit down!

Last January, I started working. Oh man, it is definitely a whole new wide wide world! I never thought shifting from an entrepreneur to an employee would feel any different. Boy, I was wrong! It was definitely challenging. I'm used to being the one barking orders (errr, embarrassing as it is but I'm admittedly an OC slave driver...well, just a bit!). Although I still give directives every now and then, I now have a boss to answer to.

Honestly, my first few weeks on the job felt like hell.
It's one of the best jobs in the world, and I'm not kissing butts here, it really is. I get to work with a fun boss, be with awesome people in the office who's into food as much as I am, and I can even pump milk (as  per the law, there should be designated pumping areas for breastfeeding moms, FYI) and bring baby to work- my boss has even offered to bring their yaya to the office to watch over my handsome little man while I work . How much more fun can that get?!

It felt like hell cause I'm so used to having the little man beside me, that come morning I can't bear to leave. during the first 2-3 weeks, I'd constantly get updates on the little man and count the hours til the day ends. I missed having to feed him cause I now had to pump a lot and store milk, which meant he's now accustomed to drinking from the bottle (no nipple confusion here thought, hooray!). I also miss our mid-morning and afternoon cuddle and naps. I miss the feeling of domestication and everything that goes along with it. Look who's having separation anxiety! It's so different from being your own boss and having your own time. I know all moms could relate to this.

pretty girl crying

What made me decide to take the corporate path? I wanted growth. I'm not saying that by being a mompreneur or SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) doesn't provide any growth. I know a lot of moms who chose to be SAHM and they are very much happy and successful. My reason? I wanted to go beyond my comfort zone and learn different skills, discover different things, and meet different people. I have been too sheltered, far too long that I had to break out and challenge myself. I needed a different view on life. Isn't it awesome that we get as much chances to live different lives in this lifetime? Ooh yeah.



2 comments:

  1. We're on the opposite side:) I used to work and that's exactly how I felt when I leave my kids at home. Since I have already used my college degree, worked as a corporate slave, met a lot of people along the way during my stint in different companies, I feel that it's just about time I take full time on my Master's Degree and that is Mommyhood:) Good luck on your job and may you find the fulfillment in your chosen path:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good that you want leave your comfort zone. I recently received a job offer and am still deciding whether I should take it or not. First question ko is, kaya ko ba iwan ang kids? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...