Saturday, January 26, 2013

Su-su-su-sugar town!

tired woman looking at the mirror

24 hours in a day definitely isn't enough, especially for new moms like me. If we could only stretch the hours and make so we could have enough "me time" (SHOWER, get pampered, SLEEP) and "mommy duty time" (chores), we would. When you're a mom or someone who doesn't have enough time on their hands, it's so easy to neglect ourselves.

The first few weeks after childbirth was especially hard for me. I was nursing my little man 24/7 and barely had time to even go to the bathroom! Every time I attempted to have a quick shower, baby would wake up and feed. It was INSANE. My hair went on unwashed, unkempt, and felt so unloved for days. Speaking of hair, hair was definitely growing in places; and given the limited time I had, I didn't even have the luxury to go to the waxing salon. The quickest solution I had was to shave while in the shower. Hair would grow back quicker and thicker. It wasn't such a pretty sight.

I decided to take charge and have my own waxing session at home. Among the different kinds of hair removal treatments and waxing I have tried, I choose cold wax/sugar cause it's the most economical, safest, and quickest hair removal treatment. There are lots of different waxing kits in the market today, which makes it easier for anyone to have a DIY Sugaring/Waxing session at home. For this session, I used two kinds of sugaring kits from Strip It! The Regular Sugaring Kit and Chocolate Sugaring Kit.

What I love about it:
Easy to use, Ready to use kit.
No heating/melting required. Just spread some sugar on your skin and pull those unsightly hairs away! Cleaning up is even easier. Just rinse and pat dry.

Made from natural ingredients and safe for sensitive skin. Non-drying.
i have extremely sensitive skin and it did not cause me to break out in hives nor my skin to dry out.

I love that it has just the right consistency- not too thick that it's unspreadable, nor too thick that it doesn't adhere well to the hair. 

Original/Regular vs. Chocolate
Smell.
The regular smells like syrup or "arnibal". It reminds me of taho (yum!). The Chocolate smelled a bit soapy, which is weird cause I expected it to smell like chocolate.

Consistency/Spreadability.
Chocolate wins in this round. It's thicker than the regular variety and effectively removes hair better.

The Verdict?
Disregarding the soapy smell, I'd go for chocolate. I love the consistency- it spreads better than the regular variety and removes hair better.

Mommy Lovin' Meter:
Original/Regular: 
Chocolate: ❤ 




Our friends from Strip It! have generously sent over a tub of Strip It! Hair Removal Sugaring Kit for one lucky mom (or dad)! Just follow the steps on the widget below to join the giveaway. (Hint: Best blog comment wins). Giveaway will open once the Happy Mommy Adventures' Facebook Page hits 300 LIKES! 

5 comments:

  1. I use shaving as a form of getting rid of my hair esp in UA area. I've been doing this for years now. But recently, I went on a thread wherein it says that shaving causes dark UA and is bad for our skin. So I searched for a good replacement for shaving and I found waxing. I looked for types of waxing that people are using and I arrived using a cold wax -- Strip It! Hair Removal Sugaring. I wanna win this because I wanna try it myself and discover the wonders of this cold wax and how it is different from shaving and hot wax! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaving and tweezers i'm using it in my armpit, but it's totally darkening my skin, and has a chicken skin too because of plucking. =( I'd love to win this for recovering my skin , for smooth and flawless white. And also to maintain my hair armpit grows faster, and give's me 100% confidence without any worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally just shave, but I did try using hair removing creams before (which just made my hyper pigmentation worse, unfortunately XD)
    I want to "broaden my horizon" in terms of hair removal, especially since my skin easily darkens whenever I shave. So hopefully waxing will be the answer to my problems :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am only shaving :( and it hurt sometimes so i want to try this strip it product that you advertized :) My first time to try this king of product because i am a working mom and your blog help me to discover new things that i cant even discover myself due to busy day at work and taking care of kids when i got home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am only shaving :( and it hurt sometimes so i want to try this strip it product that you advertized :) My first time to try this king of product because i am a working mom and your blog help me to discover new things that i cant even discover myself due to busy day at work and taking care of kids when i got home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...