Friday, August 24, 2012

Dry Skin during Pregnancy and Product Review: Celeteque Dermoscience+ Hydration Facial Moisturizer

To some women, pregnancy causes dry skin due to the hormonal changes in the body. Hormonal changes in the body rob skin of elasticity (hello, stretch marks!) and oil and skin turns flaky, ashy, and itchy. The best way to avoid this is through proper hydration. By drinking and ingesting the recommended amount of fluids for pregnant women and applying lotions and moisturizers that are safe for pregnant women.




With hundreds of different moisturizers in the market, I just get overwhelmed with the variety of choices available (not to mention the steep prices, my extremely sensitive skin, and being the extremely cautious expectant mom that I am!). This is why I chose Celeteque Dermoscience+ Hydration Facial Moisturizer. I have tried once when I was in high school and loved it.

I've been using Olay for years now but, ran out of it. So when I started having dry skin problems in the early stages of my pregnancy, I opted for Celetque. (Okay, I'll admit. Another reason was that Watsons had a 10% discount promo that day).

What I love about it:
What I love about Celeteque is that it's mild enough even for my extremely sensitive (and did I mention hormone-crazed and easily irritated and inflamed) skin. With our tropical climate and very humid weather, it moisturizes my face without the greasy feel and pore-clogging effect some moisturizers have. It's water-based and has this gel-like consistency that glides on smoothly and gets easily absorbed by the skin. Another thing that I love about it is the affordability and availability. Available at Watson's, a 50ml tube only costs P130.


What it contains:
According to the website, It has TRIPLE MOISTURIZING SYSTEM that contains glycerin, Provitamin B5 and aloe vera that work deep down to provide lasting relief from skin dryness. Its unique hydrogel formula provides the skin with optimum hydration without the greasy after-feel.

What I don't like about it:
After using it for more than 2 months, my skin was still dry (and yes, I do drink enough fluids. 4-6 liters per day, at that). I have to keep re-applying it to get rid of the dry patches and it caused sore, red patches around my mouth and nose.

All in all, if you need a quick and affordable fix-me-up and don't have extremely sensitive skin like I do, go for Celeteque. Mild and affordable enough.

Note:
I am not sponsored nor paid by Celetque nor any other companies to do write-ups or product reviews. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...